Monday, April 02, 2007

So this is Krumping?

If you have ABC Family, you have to check out Bring It On: All or Nothing. It's a sequel to the Kirsten Dunst/Gabrielle Union flick known for giving us spirit fingers. In All or Nothing, you have Hayden Panettiere (the cheerleader from Heroes) in the Kirsten role (with a little bit of Clueless/Legally Blonde mixed in) and Solange Knowles Smith (aka Beyonce's baby sister) as the tough captain of the cheerleader squad.

(On a side note, there was another direct-to-video sequel, Bring It On Again, but that was a total no name dud. Yes, I've seen it on TV, too.)

Anyway, this movie is quite entertaining. Don't get me wrong, it's cheesy with some bad attempts at dirty innuendo jokes but still - they actually attempted to integrate krumping into this cheesy high school cheerleading movie! I've never seen David LaChapelle's documentary on this urban dance form, Rize, but I'm pretty sure it was nothing like this.

Here's a clip that I think will give you guys an idea on what I am talking about. You get to see Hayden first learn about krumping... and try it herself!!! (It gets really interesting at about 1:30 into the clip)



If you just want to see some basic cheerleading, they have that, too. Here's a clip of their final competition piece... which this time is to win a spot in a Rhianna video.

0 fascinating comment(s) from my friends: