Sunday, May 31, 2009

New Moon Trailer / Best Kiss Award - Discuss!!!

Finally! I don't know about you, but I was dying to check out the trailer for New Moon. I never watch the MTV Movie Awards but since this was the year of Twilight, of course I had to tune in.

I got a good laugh out of the Andy Samberg spoof but here's the real thing...

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON trailer in HD



Thoughts below...


...


...


...


...


OK, first thought: AH! I WANT MORE!!! Beyond that... I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it. Given they just finished production last week, this was more of a teaser trailer, right? Like when you compare it with Twilight's official trailer, you really got an overall feel for that film. I still don't know what to expect with Chris Weitz's direction.

Maybe part of me doesn't like change. I kind of missed the indie/eerie feel of Catherine Hardwicke's version. New Moon looks a little more "commercial" and maybe is missing some of the coolness factor? (if that even makes sense)

Other random thoughts:

  • Is it just me or did they intentionally make Bella a lot darker than the Cullens compared to the first film?
  • Loved that we got to see an Edward/Bella smooch, but the way she raised her eyebrow in asking for it set off my "cheese" alarm (and I adore Edward/Bella smooches!)
  • I miss the Cullen Oregon home from Twilight! I don't like this new setting (see? I'm not comfortable with change). It just feels stuffier to me. Plus the clip seems to be missing the Cullen family chemistry that we got in the first film
  • Liked the special effects with the Jasper attacking / Edward defending / Bella flying scene (poor Jasper - they just can't give him a decent hairdo, can they?)
  • I hope they're saving the really emotional heart-wrenching bits of the breakup forest scene, because the ones they showed weren't that painful
  • Oooh, Laurent... very creepy!
  • Nice gratuitous half naked shot of Jacob which seems to be out of sequence of the scene showing Jacob running to save Bella (i.e. they just shoved that scene in there to get Team Jacob all hot and bothered. I still firmly remain with Team Edward. For now.)
  • I loved how they showed the transformation of Jacob into a wolf but... um... didn't the wolf look kind of cute and cuddly? Or is that just me?


I wish they could have used their footage from last week for the trailer... but I guess that would spoil the big ending. Oh well, we can just savor this for now...



OK, on to the MTV movie awards... on a side note, who thought that Eminem/Bruno bit was staged? Looked pretty real to me. I find them both annoying so whatevs.

Anyway, in addition to the New Moon trailer, I also was anxious to see the Best Kiss award because hello - of course Robsten had that in the bag! I actually thought they would just accept the award and run off stage but I loved that they actually planned a funny bit. Don't know if the video will work since I know MTV is notorious for taking their content off YouTube so I posted some pics as well. It was basically a cute fake out.







By the way, I love when Kristen Stewart combines dresses with sneakers. I think it's cute on her and it reminds me of last year's Vanity Fair shoot. I also think its cute that she dropped her award, heehee.

Let me know what you thought of the trailer and/or the Movie Awards!

6 fascinating comment(s) from my friends:

Marcy said...

OOoohhhh it looks good! I'm excited! But like you, I'm not a big fan of change either :-/

Jamie said...

I am excited but felt a little let down from the trailer. It really just was a teaser. I am sure there will be more to come. I am stoked that they are actually using CGI effects in this film, not sure about the wolf, but like the fight and Laurent's eyes are way more noticeable. Totally agree Bella is wearing more make-up, more done up in this film. And I hate, hate, hate when they switch things like houses or bigger sets! They did that in Harry Potter and it drove me crazy the whole movie!

And I am a solid team edward but Jacob was looking pretty good :) Can't wait for November!

Cindy said...

yeah, the old cullen house rocked. i thought that the wolf looked a little on the cute side too! maybe he gets more fierce later in the movie? hmm. well, nothing can take away the hotness that is r.pat.

Carrie said...

So what the deal with Kristen (re: how she introduced the trailer in not the most graceful, poised manner) Is she not comfortable with being on stage or is she trying to come off as cool like she doesn't care?

audgepodge said...

hmmm... I honestly think Kristen really is *that* awkward - haha. You know, with all the mumbling and the fidgeting. I think she genuinely cares about the fans judging from some videos I've seen from fan encounters. But I tend to cringe when she is on stage or doing talk shows :)

Alisa said...

Oooh I think it looks better, hello Jacob! Damn that boy is HOOOOOOOT, even though I think his character is annoying.

I did not like the other director, maybe I shouldn't have watched the commentary from her.

I think I need to start re-reading these books.+