Finally! I don't know about you, but I was dying to check out the trailer for New Moon. I never watch the MTV Movie Awards but since this was the year of Twilight, of course I had to tune in.
I got a good laugh out of the Andy Samberg spoof but here's the real thing...
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON trailer in HD
OK, first thought: AH! I WANT MORE!!! Beyond that... I liked it. I didn't love it, but I liked it. Given they just finished production last week, this was more of a teaser trailer, right? Like when you compare it with Twilight's official trailer, you really got an overall feel for that film. I still don't know what to expect with Chris Weitz's direction.
Maybe part of me doesn't like change. I kind of missed the indie/eerie feel of Catherine Hardwicke's version. New Moon looks a little more "commercial" and maybe is missing some of the coolness factor? (if that even makes sense)
Other random thoughts:
- Is it just me or did they intentionally make Bella a lot darker than the Cullens compared to the first film?
- Loved that we got to see an Edward/Bella smooch, but the way she raised her eyebrow in asking for it set off my "cheese" alarm (and I adore Edward/Bella smooches!)
- I miss the Cullen Oregon home from Twilight! I don't like this new setting (see? I'm not comfortable with change). It just feels stuffier to me. Plus the clip seems to be missing the Cullen family chemistry that we got in the first film
- Liked the special effects with the Jasper attacking / Edward defending / Bella flying scene (poor Jasper - they just can't give him a decent hairdo, can they?)
- I hope they're saving the really emotional heart-wrenching bits of the breakup forest scene, because the ones they showed weren't that painful
- Oooh, Laurent... very creepy!
- Nice gratuitous half naked shot of Jacob which seems to be out of sequence of the scene showing Jacob running to save Bella (i.e. they just shoved that scene in there to get Team Jacob all hot and bothered. I still firmly remain with Team Edward. For now.)
- I loved how they showed the transformation of Jacob into a wolf but... um... didn't the wolf look kind of cute and cuddly? Or is that just me?
I wish they could have used their footage from last week for the trailer... but I guess that would spoil the big ending. Oh well, we can just savor this for now...
OK, on to the MTV movie awards... on a side note, who thought that Eminem/Bruno bit was staged? Looked pretty real to me. I find them both annoying so whatevs.
Anyway, in addition to the New Moon trailer, I also was anxious to see the Best Kiss award because hello - of course Robsten had that in the bag! I actually thought they would just accept the award and run off stage but I loved that they actually planned a funny bit. Don't know if the video will work since I know MTV is notorious for taking their content off YouTube so I posted some pics as well. It was basically a cute fake out.
By the way, I love when Kristen Stewart combines dresses with sneakers. I think it's cute on her and it reminds me of last year's Vanity Fair shoot. I also think its cute that she dropped her award, heehee.
Let me know what you thought of the trailer and/or the Movie Awards!