Thursday, July 30, 2009

Twilight Drama! The Re-Casting of Victoria

I'm still in shock that Summit suddenly decided to re-cast Victoria right before production is supposed to begin.

After reading all the press releases / statements regarding this huge change, I can sort of understand both sides... it's all a huge bummer, though.

I know there are some petition efforts going on to bring back Rachelle Lefevre but it sounds like Summit is PISSED so I doubt she'll be re-hired.

And to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with her performance in Twilight. When I first saw the movie, she was one of the main casting choices that I wasn't crazy about. I didn't find her as scary or intimidating like I did with Cam Gigandet (James).

But from what I can tell from interviews and Twitter, she seems like a really sweet person that is very dedicated to the Twilight fans and to the films. And now not only was she booted from this role, now she has to deal with this big old mess.

Of course, I also feel bad for Bryce Dallas Howard (the new Victoria). She's probably thinking, "What the &*( did I get myself into?" I don't think I've seen any of her films but hopefully she will do a great job in Eclipse.

Anyway, just my random thoughts... were you guys as shocked as I was?

0 fascinating comment(s) from my friends: