Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TV Tuesday: Pretty Little Liars Finale

I decided to try out a new show, Pretty Little Liars, this season. I see it as Gossip Girl meets Twin Peaks. Also kind of reminds me of the Christopher Pike mystery books I read in high school. I guess the series itself is based on a series of teen novels.

This high school drama is always trying to spook me out but it's a little too over the top for me. Regardless, I kept tuning in because I wanted the answer to their "Who Killed Laura Palmer?" question - i.e. "Who the heck is A?"

If you're not in the know... the show follows four friends whose fifth friend, Allison, disappeared a year ago. They were the last to see her. Well, Allison's body is discovered in the beginning of the season while at the same time, a mysterious "A" keeps sending the girls cryptic messages about how she knows what they did (whatever that may be).

And after an entire season (which granted, might have only been six episodes for its debut season), we still don't know the answer!!! ARGH! I am almost ready to bribe a teenager who's read the books to fill me in but I heard the show is doing something different than the books.

Who knows if I'll still catch it when it returns... maybe I'll just catch online episode recaps to get my answers.

I will say this... the cast is pretty good. What's more interesting is all the familiar faces they have in the roles of the parents such as: Nia Peeples (Fame!!!), Chad Lowe, Holly Marie Combs (Charmed), and Laura Leighton (Melrose Place).

Did anyone else watch this? What is your favorite summer show?

0 fascinating comment(s) from my friends: