Friday, January 26, 2007

Recap: Grey's Anatomy - In for the Long Haul

Funny opening scene with Burke throwing a dinner party for Derek and Meredith while Christina sat in the kitchen eating cereal out of the box (ah... a treat I often enjoy myself). But I thought they would be talking by now ever since Burke gave in and revealed he didn't have any tremors anymore. But no, still not talking... I hope someone says uncle soon because this is already beyond annoying.

It's interesting that Addison and Callie have become confidantes... I guess they really can't be caught confiding with the interns (even if they are hooking up with them). Today's confessions - Addison kissed Karev (yeah she did!!! heehee) and George has turned into a sex machine to numb the pain from his father's death.

Speaking of Addison, she was sporting some nice, va-va-voom hair in this episode... is this really typical of surgeons?

Loved when Callie told Christina, "I don't like you" after Christina didn't want to hear about her situation with George.

I didn't know the Amish speak in a different language... my bad.

LOL moment - as Addison continues to hide from Karev post-kiss, the frustrated Karev finally yells in the middle of the hallway, "When you've got a minute, I'd like to talk to you about the kissing!"

So Christina and Burke aren't talking at work either? I would have thought cut-throat Christina would break the silence to scrub in on a good surgery.

Interesting twist... Alex finally corners Addison and drags her into a supply closet (love the hospital cliches) . Alex wants Addison to stop avoiding him. Even though he's not interested in pursuing the smooching ("You think I just want to be another intern sleeping with an attending?"), he still wants to be able to scrub in on her surgeries (since Sloan sucks) which he can't do if she keeps avoiding him b/c of the kiss. "It happened - but it doesn't have to happen again." You know, I really like this Alex character - I never know what to expect from him.

A very amusing sub-plot of the night - Chief Webber is finally retiring and Derek, Preston, Addison, and Mark are all competing for the top spot. Watching them squabble like little kids was a funny change and I loved seeing them sit side by side on the floor of the hallway, looking all defeated. It was cute how it mirrored the brick hallway that the interns used to frequent in early episodes. It was also cool to see the big dogs be funny, too:

Mark: "One of us could be chief."
Preston: "No, one of us (referring to Derek, Addison, and himself) could be chief. You? I don't think so."
Addison: "Mark Sloan, chief of surgery - that makes me vomit a little in my mouth."

Snoozer sub-plot of the night - Bailey wants to open a free clinic at Seattle Grace. She gets all the attendings to sign on (Nazi is back, indeed), however she still needs the funding. Yes, we all know where this is going. I don't think it's a surprise to anyone that we now have the Denny Duquette Memorial Clinic.

Finally, we have the three big shockers teased in the promos:

1) Poor adorable Richard. He's finally stepped down as Chief and comes home to reunite with estranged wife, the original Dreamgirl Adele. He even has flowers and a Tiffany bag! But oh no... Adele is not happy to see him - and she's wearing a silky robe!!! Apparently, Adele was serious when she said she wasn't going to wait around... Oy...

2) Christina finally starts talking - Burke's response? "Marry me."

3) George visits Callie in her hotel room (she's still living in the hotel? Are there no available apartments in Seattle???) and it seems he just wants more booty, but in reality, he has the same idea and asks Callie to marry him

Personally, I don't think either of these yahoo couples are ready to get married yet... On a side note, it was nice to see Derek and Meredith continue as a happy couple as they work out the usual relationship problems.

And the teaser's for next week's episode look super intense!!!

1 fascinating comment(s) from my friends:

Amanda said...

I have to watch tonight - no TV for me last night. ;(