Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Reality Show Junkies

Speaking of Pussycat Dolls, I watched the premiere of the Pussycat Dolls Present: The Search for the Next Doll show. (Couldn't help it, it's in Veronica Mars's timeslot and old habits die hard). My question: is this going to add a doll to the group or replace the void to be left by Nicole Scherzinger, once she embarks on her solo career?

It's sort of like coming full circle, because I remember Nicole when she was on the Popstars show, another making the band type of reality competition, which eventually produced the girl group, Eden's Crush (heehee, I even have their CD!)

Anyway, I noticed one of the finalists, Melissa S., was also one of the finalists on another girl group reality competition, MTV's Making the Band with P.Diddy, a show that eventually produced Danity Kane (yep, I have their CD, too - heehee).

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, because I often see people on different reality shows. I remember Nikki McKibbin was on one of those Popstars shows before landing on American Idol. Then you've got Rob and Amber who went from Survivor to The Amazing Race.

And it's not even just the ones who have semi-famous status... For example, I swear I saw a girl that appeared on TLC's What Not to Wear later appear on one of those redecorating on a budget shows.

Anyway, it's just interesting, dontcha think?

0 fascinating comment(s) from my friends: