Thursday, July 19, 2007

Quick Thoughts on Last Night's SYTYCD

Favorite of the night was actually Danny and Anya's foxtrot! But Danny is really doing himself a disservice with his "get to know you" interviews... the best thing about Anya is her crazy outfits, one of which he calls a lampshade??? He should look into a personality consultant.

I also liked the 80's jazz routine that Sara and Pasha did. Does anyone remember that show from the 80's called Double Trouble that featured those cute red-headed twin girls - one was studious and one was a troublemaker? The troublemaker was supposed to appear in this dance competition on a TV show but twisted her ankle, so the studious one danced in her place. Sara and Pasha's routine reminded me of her routine. (Huge bonus points to anyone that has any idea on what I'm talking about here. And if you can name the song that was used in Double Trouble - I'll send you a big prize. I've googled with no luck.)

I don't think I've ever been impressed with a Dan Karaty routine - why do they keep bringing him back? (Although, I may have to download that Fergie tune for my running mix!)

The Mia Michaels piece was a miss for me, as well. Although I did like the Bojangles one. Still struggling with the idea of Hok and Jaimie as a couple, though.

And ouch! I had heard that Sabra was dropped during the Hairspray group number - but I didn't expect it to be as bad as what was shown during their montage. Yeah, I would have problems with trusting Dom as well.

0 fascinating comment(s) from my friends: