Thursday, July 19, 2007

Emmy nominations announced!

NOMINEES for the 59th annual Primetime Emmy Awards

COMEDY SERIES
"The Office"
"Entourage"
"30 Rock"
"Two and a Half Men"
"Ugly Betty"



Very happy about The Office, 30 Rock, and Ugly Betty - definitely got some of my favorite shows there! Also, I just happened to catch an episode of Entourage for the first time this past weekend - not bad! I'm all about Ari though - the rest of the guys haven't won me over yet.


DRAMA SERIES
"Boston Legal"
"Grey's Anatomy"
"Heroes"
"House"
"The Sopranos"


No Lost? Brother and Sisters?


ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Hugh Laurie, "House"
James Gandolfini, "The Sopranos"
Kiefer Sutherland, "24"
Denis Leary, "Rescue Me"
James Spader, "Boston Legal"


Don't watch any of these...


ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Edie Falco, "The Sopranos"
Kyra Sedgwick, "The Closer"
Sally Field, "Brothers and Sisters"
Minnie Driver, "The Riches"
Mariska Hargitay, "Law & Order: SVU"


Is Sally Field pretty much a shoo-in since she is after all Sally Field?


ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Alec Baldwin, "30 Rock"
Steve Carell, "The Office"
Tony Shalhoub, "Monk"
Charlie Sheen, "Two and a Half Men"
Ricky Gervais, "Extras"



Hmmm... Alec Baldwin always cracks me up.


ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
America Ferrera, "Ugly Betty"
Tina Fey, "30 Rock"
Julia Louis-Dreyfus, "The New Adventures of Old Christine"
Mary-Louise Parker, "Weeds"
Felicity Huffman, "Desperate Housewives"



Tough for me... I love both Tina Fey and America Ferrera. For this category though... I'm leaning toward Tina - she's hilarious!


SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
William Shatner, "Boston Legal"
T.R. Knight, "Grey's Anatomy"
Masi Oka , "Heroes"
Michael Emerson, "Lost"
Terry O'Quinn, "Lost"
Michael Imperioli, "The Sopranos"



Well... Ben did creep the heck out of me this season... so I guess Michael Emerson. Oh wait, is this the season that George's dad died on GA? Because then I'd be torn with T.R. Knight.


SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A COMEDY
Kevin Dillon, "Entourage"
Jeremy Piven, "Entourage"
Neil Patrick Harris, "How I Met Your Mother"
Rainn Wilson, "The Office"
Jon Cryer, Two and A Half Men"



I will root for Jeremy Piven although Rainn Wilson has his moments, too.


SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Rachel Griffiths, "Brothers & Sisters"
Katherine Heigl, "Grey's Anatomy"
Chandra Wilson, "Grey's Anatomy"
Sandra Oh, "Grey's Anatomy"
Aida Turturro, "The Sopranos"
Lorraine Bracco, The Sopranos"



Here's where I'm actually kind of outraged. What about Juliet from Lost??? The whole season was about her!!!


SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A COMEDY
Jaime Pressly, "My Name Is Earl"
Jenna Fischer, "The Office"
Holland Taylor, "Two and A Half Men"
Conchata Ferrell, "Two and A Half Men"
Vanessa Williams, "Ugly Betty"
Elizabeth Perkins, "Weeds"



I love Jenna, but this belongs to Vanessa Williams.

0 fascinating comment(s) from my friends: