Monday, March 02, 2009

Movie Review: Confessions of a Shopaholic

I met up with the girls tonight to watch "Confessions of a Shopaholic" starring Isla Fisher. The trailer looked really cute so I was excited to see it.

Overall, I thought some parts were funny but most of it was just so ridiculously over the top. The lead character, Rebecca Bloomwood (played by Isla), is cute but I was constantly bothered by her roommate / best friend who seemed to be on a Red Bull buzz the entire time (not to mention her horrendous taste in bridesmaid's dresses). There was so much craziness going combined with the well-isn't-that-convenient type of nonsense. At one point during the movie, I turned to my cousin and said, "I feel like I'm watching something on the Disney channel."

Anyway, I think this movie is more ideal for the younger tween/teen scene since maybe they could appreciate the silliness a little more than the 30-something set. Plus, they could learn a valuable lesson about the dangers of overcharging!

I should also note that based on this movie, I have no interest at all in checking out the book.

Oh, another random note - it was nice to see Leslie Bibb as Rebecca's nemesis. I haven't seen her since the "Popular" days!

*************

On a different topic, can I just say again how annoying Olivia is on "The City"? I can't believe she took credit for the jacket that Whitney pulled for the Jessica Alba cover. BUT I love how the show made it so obvious that Olivia had nothing to do with it... heehee!

5 fascinating comment(s) from my friends:

Marcy said...

I heard the same thing about that movie. It was no good which surprised me because I thought it would be cute.

Unknown said...

I actually liked the movie because I had read and loved the book. It is definitley over the top, moreso than the book.

Amanda said...

Oh good to know that this isn't all that - I will wait till they show it ten million times on USA or TNT or something. ;)

Marathon Maritza said...

The book is 40 million times better than the movie. I actually read the books first and loved them. This movie kinda ruined the whole thing. Disappointing.

The only think I liked about it was all the shoes. When I walked out, I had seriously convinced myself I could afford an $800 pair of Manolos...

Anonymous said...

I think the movie had good bits of comedy.But the ending is not so interesting...You may take your kids to watch this movie together.Considering the movie's story and its effects i would rate it 6/10.